I’m no dating expert (I don’t even know what qualifies someone as a dating expert) but I decided to put together a list of dating tips. Keep in mind these rules are according to the rules that I’ve made up my mind
- If I’m not married I’m single
- Us going on 1 or a few dates doesn’t equate to were dating/in a relationship. Until we are exclusive, I can date multiple men at the same time
- Social Media- No I’m not on Instagram or Twitter. I’m not sharing my social media platforms this is were I vent and share my random thoughts. You having my Instagram is like you having a playbook on all things Lovely
- Traditional rules of dating still apply –ask me out, have a plan, open doors & pull out chairs
- No chain food restaurants – really it's just a matter of preference I don’t like chain food restaurants and prefer to dine where linens and silverware on the table . This has nothing to do with $200 dates
- Lets ease into texting. All out conversations cannot done by text. I need to hear your voice and to know that you can hold a conversation
- We will be putting our conversation skills to work- a little small talk, you ask a question, you allow me to answer, I ask a question and so on. And PLEASE Keep up with trends and current events so we will have things to talk about. That means READ! For me there’s nothing sexy than a man that reads and can hold a conversation.
Truth Moment- It’s been a while since I’ve met anybody new. I get in these bouts where I’m out being social in hopes of meeting somebody and then I get turned off by the whole dating/meeting somebody thing. By society's standard something must be wrong with me to be 31, single (never married) no children but me I like to think I have a couple more years before I start hyperventilating ……maybe or maybe not
Come to think of it I know a lot of former 31 yr old who are in their 40’s now still single (never married) no children who regret that they didn’t make a bigger effort in meeting someone or being more sociable. Lots of regrets and a whole lot of shoulda, woulda, coulda. I’m vowing to make a bigger effort on my part. I’m getting back in the dating game I’ll be sure to keep you updated.
P.S. I’m just going to put it out there, I’m open to blind dates